Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nica What?

The other day I attempted to enter a store that was closed. I’m still getting used to the idea of siesta. After I tried to open the locked door, a local Nicaraguan teenager informed me, “Esta cerrado…Gringo!” All his friends started laughing. I then walked up to them and said, “No soy un gringo, soy Cameron!” That made them laugh more.

I spent the rest of the day taking pictures of sorry-looking dogs:


Dog del Dia

Meet Tucho (too-choo), a Nicaraguan heart-throb who's our pick for the Dog del Dia! We just love his 'I’m hungry, blind, and scared' carefree lifestyle – here, he answers our goofy questions!

Age: 63
Sign: Virgo
Birthplace: Somoto, Nicaragua

You may know me because:
I smell terrible even when I’m not wet. Oh, and I still have testicles!



My favorite junk food is:
Vomit.

When I try to eat healthily, I chow on:
Myself.

My childhood celebrity crush was on:
Katie Holmes.

Lately I've been surprised by: All the puss that seeps out of my right eye. It’s non-stop.

The cereals in my cupboard are: Cookie Crisp…duh:)

The book I’m reading: In My Own Words by Mother Teresa.

For dinner, I like to make: Easy-Mac. It really is easy!

When friends come over, we:
Do the opposite of helping to control the pet population.

My first financial splurge was: A $4,000 Tom Binns vintage crystal "skull" necklace.

Before I die, I want to: Eat your face.

When I fly I have to:
…chew gum.

People would be surprised that I: Don’t drink or smoke.


If someone gave me a million bucks tomorrow, I'd: Buy a foot-long meatloaf sub instead of a six-inch and I’d have em toast it.

I’ll never forget the time when: Some dude pet me, or at least his leg brushed-up against me. I had a boner for seven hours.

My biggest weakness is: I'm a perfectionist.

10 comments:

Matthew McKee said...

toasted subs! ? fucking hilarious.

simone said...

They don't toast their subs in other countries. Nica has a long incredible journey ahead of him.

Unknown said...

Double toasting is the same price.

pritish said...

Glad you survived the Tuchoo experience, but watch out for his big sister, Machoo.

She has some nasty long teets and chases you down long streets with them flopping back and forth, left and then right.

Pedro said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

awwwww hell no. what's up dog?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eA3XCvrK90

Love you Cam. Keep doing your thing.

Timothy Winkler Douglass said...

you're slightly losing your mind.

mom said...

Wow! Rachel and were just talking about the role she could play at club McKee in C.A. I told her there were a lot of stray dogs and with her love of dogs, she could open a division of her "Doggy Heaven" in C.A. and take care of them. Right after that Karen went on line to check your blog and shapoopy!, before our eyes was the first resident, Tuchoo!
Love, Hugs and Prayers,MOM

Nádia Gouveia said...

hola Cam, su blog es Hilário

Muchas gracias por compartir con nosotros esta increíble experiencia. i Me encantó !

Te extraño

Tarawilky said...

Love that you gave us the pronunciation of Tucho’s name! Glad your making friends even if he is four legged & one eyed. Travel safe & thinking of you, Tara

Anonymous said...

I like Interesting Peephole. And I envy that it actually has a theme (unlike ticklefight). But I have to say, this post is my fav-o-rite.